With all our experience building pools in and around Brisbane we know that the decisions you make at the purchasing stage can affect your overall satisfaction with the pool building experience. In this post we take a look at some of the most important tips you need to think about… so you end up with your dream pool for you & your family.
- Bigger is better right? Not necessarily! The bigger you go the more chemicals, water and running time the filtration will need. Typically, the pools temperature is also a lot cooler. The bigger the pool you build the more expensive to heat the pool, irrespective of what method of pool heating you use. So, consider the size of the pool carefully
- Research, research, research before making your final decision
- Always get three quotes before signing a contract
- Check the pool builder has a licence to do the work
- Always start with a firm plan and budget
- Ensure EVERYTHING you speak about is written into your swimming pool contract
- Pay attention to exclusions in your contract
- Pay attention to allowances in your contract, you will find most lack allowances for choices of coping tiles, waterline tiles and excavation.
- Make sure you understand how to maintain your pool when the work is done
- Ensure you have energy-efficient filtration which is correctly designed for the pool
- Don’t fall for the sales pitch lingo “I’ve got a spot available in 2 weeks” or “Special Offers or Discounts”
- After the purchase of your home, deciding to build an in-ground swimming pool will probably be the next biggest financial commitment you make. So, if another company can quote your in-ground pool on the spot and then expect you to sign a contract as well, think…. “What are they considering?” Is it the sale… or your project?
- Remembering when you construct your swimming pool, it will become a construction site, expect dirt, dust and untidiness in your backyard until your project comes closer to an end.
We hope that these tips will help you as there are plenty of factors to consider that will influence your choices as you create your ideal pool.